Half Marathon FAQ
- What is it?
- When is it?
Saturday September 10, 2017
- What time does it start?
- Where is the start?
Depot Park, Whitefish Montana
- How do I get to the start?
Downtown Whitefish Montana, Depot Park is on the north side of town. Next to the train depot. You may park in any of the public parking lots in downtown Whitefish. Please do not park at Marcus foods. Please be courteous of local businesses.
- Where is the Finish?
Depot Park, Downtown Whitefish Montana
- Can I start early?
No, you can’t. You’ll mess up our timing!
- Can I walk the course?
You must finish the race in 4-1/2 hours or less to be considered an official finisher. You must be off the course by 1:30 p.m.
- How do I register?
Applications are available on-line (click here).
- Can I register day of?
NO RACE DAY APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED!
- What’s the entry fee?
$65 to $100 depending on when you register (non refundable and nontransferable). The Wave is a 501(c)(3) corporation, and because we are donating one hundred percent of your entry fee to The Wave Scholarship Fund, your entry fee is tax deductible. We recognize that seventy bucks is a lot of money, and we thank you for your support of The Wave.
- What happens if I change my mind?
Sorry, no refunds, no exceptions.
- Do you shoot bandits?
No, but bandits are strongly discouraged. It’s just not fair to the runners, to the volunteers, or to the recipients of scholarships to The Wave.
- When and where do I get my bib number and race packet?
Packet pickup TBD
- How many aid stations are there on the course?
In addition to aid at the Start and the Finish, there will be an aid station every 3 miles along the course.
- What will be offered at the aid stations?
We’ll have water and Coffee Traders coffee at the start. Every aid station offers water and Hammer Nutrition Heed sports drink, and some offer Vaseline, HammerGel, and orange and banana slices. Porta Potties will also be available at some aid stations. Refer to our Last Minute Instructions in your race packet for specific aid station locations.
- Will there be someone taking pictures of me on the course?
Yes. A professional will be on the course taking pictures. Mountain life photography
- Where can spectators view the race?
The course can be accessed by driving please be careful of runners on road.
- When is the Awards Ceremony?
The Awards Ceremony will be at Depot Park at approximately 12:00 p.m.
- What awards will be given?
A first place trophy will be awarded to the first female and first male overall. Additionally, we will give awards 3 deep in each age group, in both women’s and men’s divisions. Individuals who win overall or the masters category will be taken out of the running for special age group awards. We do not ship awards please stay for the ceremony.
- Will you allow bikes on the course?
No pacing, these are public roads so spectators are welcome.
- Will there be a party at the Finish?
Yes! It’s free for runners and five bucks for family and friends. And yes, there will be beer for those 21 and over!
- Where in the world is Whitefish, Montana?
We’re in the northwest corner of the state, near Glacier National Park.
- How do I get there?
- By Train: Amtrak eastbound from Seattle; westbound from Chicago.
- By Air: Delta, Northwest, Alaska/Horizon, Big Sky and America West all serve Glacier Park International Airport just 15 minutes from Whitefish.
- What kind of weather can I expect in September?
We’ve ordered perfect weather: average highs in September are 71 degrees; average lows at night are in the low forties. The aspen will be golden. That said, check the weather before leaving home and come prepared for snow.
- Is there anything else to do there?